Wednesday, January 21, 2009

How my crazy mind works!!!!

In 1990 I had this idea! I had no grandbabies and wanted to shop for baby clothes. So I found this bear in the Tender Heart catalog which was just about 1 year old size. Now I could go shopping! I bought new outfits and accessories for each bear (35)! I thought they would make great baby shower gifts! Then, another idea....what about those favorite outfits of your own or others special baby outfits we saved in a box...now, we had someone to wear the clothes again! How about a 3 or 4 year old who could dress the bear in their old clothes. Or big sister or brother who could dress their own baby! Anyway, it was fun and I sold them all! Some went to new mothers and some went to grandchildren of buyers.
gardening bear with frog and
watering can
bath bear with towel and bag of
bathtoys
strawberry bear with book
Holiday bears!

Studious bears!


Bear melange! and special hannukah bear in blue!
Be SURE and click on the photos so you can really see them!
Thanks for indulging my "trip down memory lane"!


4 comments:

Ricë said...

what fun!

Joanne Huffman said...

I can see why these were great sellers. They are adorable.

Joanne

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

What a cute idea! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Faye said...

Peggy, I've dressed bears, too, in the past and actually have a bear in my guest room dressed in an outgrown dirndl we bought in Germany in 1990 for our granddaughter. My dh was appalled. He said, "you are putting a $100 dress on a bear?" No one was able to wear it and I think it looks adorable. (The dollar was not really good at the time we bought this, as you can see.)

Please check my blog for an award.