Sunday, July 5, 2009

EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT IN THE DAILEY NEWS!!!!!

So many of you have commented on the header of my blog of the ladies in newspaper dresses. It was " an evening At the Smiths" and lord knows how many cocktails they had while creating their dresses, but I DO know they had fun!
So, here's what I am proposing! Create a dress out of newspapers! Creation may be life size or for a paper doll. Evening appropriate pants and top are acceptable. Take a picture of your creation (on you or a paper doll), post to your blog with a link to this post and leave a comment here!
I put the pic of my mom on my side bar with link to this post. Feel free to use the picture below if you wish!
There will be 1 design chosen and the creator will win a special prize! Gentleman designers welcome too!!!
Special guest judge, Rice Zachery-Freeman has agreed to view the entries and select the winner. Rice is a well known writer of articles re artists and their work published in various magazines at Somerset Studio Publications and other art magazines!

Rice's books!

Living the Creative Life

Rice Freeman-Zache...

Creative Time and Space

Rice Freeman-Zache...


Design pictures due September 30th.
Winner to be announced October 15th.
All of you who commented on the photo on my header can join in the fun!
I so hope you will participate in this "project runway"!
OK designers, CARRY ON!!!!!

peggy DAILEY gatto

10 comments:

Mama T said...

I was randomly blog-surfing & came across your fun site!

Your artwork brought a smile to my face.
Thank you!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

I remember when they used to make elaborate costumes out of crepe paper (when it could be sewqn on the machine!) and I also recall seeing similar photos of ladies obviously at a party, dresssed in their *newspapery* finest!
Sadly, whateverr papers I get go right into the birds cages.....
I guess I'll just comment and be a party pooper!

Unknown said...

Wow....How fun...I will try and participate...Sounds like a hoot...

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

Weathered & Worn said...

Hi Peggy, sounds like fun!! Count me in.

janene said...

Can we enter more than one? This sounds like fun. I always smile when I see your header. you just know they were having a fun time.

creativelenna said...

This is wonderful, Peggy. I will definitely be thinking about this & promise to try to participate! Ricë has another book . . . (i know because i was published in it!!) it's: New Techniques for Wearable Art: Creative Ideas for Transforming Clothes and Accessories, by Ricë Freeman-Zachery, September 2004.

: )) awesome!

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

Fabulous idea, Peggy!

- Teresa

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea ... will have to get a group of friends together to work on this!

Stella Dora von Swineburg said...

Hi! We posted our pics! I couldn't wait any longer, besides, humom says her post menopausal brain "forgets" things.
Love, Stella Dora
http://stelladorasdiary.blogspot.com/2009/09/times-news-couture.html

Kim B said...

I love the story, How funny. Your mom is so cute in her newspaper dress.