Thursday, May 20, 2010

one powerful hour / e-i-e-i-o!

1970
I loved this book!!!
As you can see it is a little worn!!!
Some of the pages are missing.
Wanna know why?
Well, in the olden days, we didn't have a lot of fun baby items to decorate!
the "changing table" was in the closet and to make it interesting for my baby boys, I taped some of the pages on the ceiling above the table. Something fun for them to look at while I changed their CLOTH diapers!!! Yes I washed diapers, no laundry service except me!!!
I have his other books and I can't tell you the hours the boys and I would look at the pictures.
I know they still sell these books, they are classics!


Here's what I did!
Thanks for the memory!!!

http://onepowerfulhour.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wonderful memories! I too read these Richard Scarry books to my girls and WASHeD diapers! Love your farmyard chorus, Peggy! Cheers!

Tristan Robin said...

I didn't have that book.

I had a farm deprived childhood.

Chris Arlington said...

I didnd't have kids so hence no diapers. and I was born potty trained (LOL) you know I jest.
Love what you did with your farmyard picture Peggy, very colorful too.

Unknown said...

Oh Peggy this is fantastic and I so love these books...I got one for my oldest when the baby was born so that mommy and big sister had something fun to do whiel the baby ate...

Love it!

Janet Ghio said...

My kids loved that book too!! Love the piece you did about it!

claudia_az said...

this was also my favorite book ever!!! i wish i could find one so i can share it with my kids....thanks for the wonderful memory...hugz...claudia

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's lovely.

Marnie Blum said...

I had this book and a bunch of other Richard Scarry books. They are the best! Thanks for reminding me about them. Marnie