Saturday, December 20, 2008

Art heals and cheers the soul!

Helena LOVED santas! She had the most wonderful collection of santas from around the world. Her holiday display took over the whole family room. What a treat. I collect snowmen. Each holiday we would exchange ornaments...of course she got a santa and I got a snowman.
I met helena through my art group which raises money for art programs in the local schools by selling our paintings.
Anyway...sadly, she died suddenly last spring. I miss her. So, I decided she needed a new santa ornament . She loved old fashioned handmade ornaments.
Helena, I made this for you!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous Treasure of an ornament!

HUGS!!

sandee said...

You, my dear, are the sweetest friend!

Mary R. said...

Peggy, your are a wonderful friend to have for you to hand make her a pin with santa on it....that so greash of you to do that , my god bless you my dear and a better person for known you thank you my dear lady.

Mary Redford