Friday, January 16, 2009

121 4"x4" pages for recycle technique FAT book!







I am 1 of 120 participants in a technique fat book with the theme of using recycled material. I chose shredded paper from the shredder!!!!! What was I thinking? I used 6 full sheets of arches 300 lb watercolor paper. Sprayed craft spray adhesive to the papers and then sprinkled the shredded paper, sshmoosed it down, more spray, more paper. Let it dry. I used tim holtz colorwash inks and glitter mists. I layered several colors on the papers. The squares have a soft sparkle to them. After they were dry I laid a double piece of waxed paper on the papers and ironed them as flat as I could. Then.....cut, cut, cut, cut etc.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are SO COOL!! I can't believe the amount of work it took to make them, but they are gorgeous!

LynnP
lpulfrey@yahoo.com
Rockford, IL

Anonymous said...

Holy quacomole....this was a BIG project. Whew! But the end results are great and I bet the whole book will be "eye candy".
Great job Peggy!

Jan

Anonymous said...

Hey Peggy,
Wow what alot of great pages, and what alot of work. I was in a tech. Fatbook swap in the same group a few years ago and still refer back to the pages we did. It will be a wonderful source book. And how will you ever top this?
Hugs
Rosalie

Joanne Huffman said...

A lot of work, but great looking results.

Joanne

Jennifer R.D. said...

They look really good but it DOES sound like an awful lot of work! But at least you're done and you will get a ton of inspiration from your very FAT book!
Hugs,
Jenn

Carol Stocker said...

Oh my goodness...what a great project! Love it! Hugs, Carol

Dymphie said...

Totally cool! I'm so going to try this :)

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Peggy - these are too cool! Love the purple shreds! What a cool idea! Marva

Barb V. said...

Wow, that's an amazing size swap! Your papers turned out very cool! Love the idea.

Marilyn said...

Great idea, Peggy. I used shredded paper for a collage I did a while back. It's a wonderful creative way to repurpose.

Anonymous said...

This is so cool. I wish I had managed to get here sooner to look at it but am glad I didn't as I now can see everything else you have put up since then.