Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mixed Media Monday! Look what I found!

1 1/2"x 1 1/2" soldered glass pendant!!!!
See the lumpy part on top? This was my first soldered piece 3 years ago and the lumpy part is supposed to be where I soldered the link so I could have a pendant. It didn't work too well but I kept it any way!
I liked this magazine garden picture and decided to make it the background. Then It reminded me of Monet's pink garden house so I made the house pink. The image made me think it could be one of Monet's family looking out the window.
A bit of a stretch for the theme, but I really did just find this in a box in my studio!

http://mixedmediamonday.wordpress.com/2010/04/19/look-what-i-found/

11 comments:

Hermine said...

Its beautiful

johanna said...

you were so right to keep it - it found its destination now:) nice to read your post!

Rosie said...

Such a darling image Peggy! Soldering is trickier than you think, isn't it? *grins*

BTW - I received my goodies and have emailed you - thank you so much! xo

joy said...

Very pretty! I've never tried soldering - it would probably be much lumpier than yours, Peggy! I'll stick to stamping and collage.

Viv said...

A whimsical beauty Peggy - the background fits perfectly.

joanna said...

Real cute Peggy!
xoxo

Kristin said...

Beautiful colors and I love the combination of pendant and photo - so cool, Kristin xo

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Peggy, Your found object is so beautiful and looks great with the photo...what a splendid idea!
So very sweet!
Hugs,
Cindy Adkins

Dianne said...

It's lovely... Love what you did with the background!

Bumbershoot Designs and Supplies said...

Hi Peggy, This made me smile because I have a couple of pendants just like this - they have loops on, but only just :) Great entry! ~Sharon

Diane said...

What a fun and fanciful piece, Peggy! Diane