Sunday, June 8, 2008

Special Party Today!

This is a photo taken in 2006 in Los Angeles, CA. I went down with my friend Cathy to participate in "Run For Her". A walk to raise money for Ovarian Cancer Research. Cathy and I were "walkers" (she was going through treatment for ovarian cancer). We walked 2 1/2 miles, then turned around to go back and reach our 5 mile goal. It was about 9:30 am and we happened to go by the farmers market. I said, "I know a place in there that has the BEST swedish pancakes!" So......we stopped off for breakfast. While we didn't set any speed records for the 5 miles, we had a really good time!
Sadly, cathy died last august after her 2 year plus battle with cancer.
Today the family is having a party for her. It is a glorious sunshine day and I am looking foreward to this special occasion! left to right--jacqui, me, CATHY, and marsha

1 comment:

Barbara said...

her memory lives...through your sweet heart and love! lovely picture!!! (you all are just sooo cute!)