Thursday, August 21, 2008

New header!!!!!

That's my mom standing up ,her sisters mary, and helen! The girls all rode horses and the guys around are the trainers and stable hands. The girls all were accomplished in dressage, sulky carts, english, sidesaddle, and my mom loved the western and pony tricks! They performed in many National horseshows all over the US. I have a box of news articles and 8x10 photos of them on their horses! The years when they were lucky enough to have the stables was when Gramps(their dad) was in the construction business(mid 1800-1930) and specialized in highways. He paved all the first streets on the island of Hawaii. He made a fortune 3 times . He lost it all in the late 30's.
That's another story!!!!

3 comments:

sandee said...

HI!!! I have a present for you on my blog!!!!!

Tristan Robin said...

as always, I'm envious of your family's love affair with the camera!

Tristan

Joanne Huffman said...

Very cool banner. How nice to have such a cool photo of your mom and her family.

Joanne